Djibouti Climate & Temperature
- Djibouti, Djibouti is at 11°33'N, 43°8'E, 19 m (62 ft). See map.
- Djibouti has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- The annual average temperature is 29.9 degrees Celsius (85.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 11.3 °C (20.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 163.5 mm (6.4 inches) which is equivalent to 163.5 Litres/m² (4.01 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3215 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Djibouti you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Atuona, French Polynesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Djibouti Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Djibouti Climate Graph in Metric Units
Djibouti Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Djibouti, Djibouti Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Toker, Sudan - 961.2 kms (597.3 miles) NW
- Aqiq, Sudan - 914.7 kms (568.4 miles) NW
- Jizan, Saudi Arabia - 598 kms (371.6 miles) N
- Aroma, Sudan - 893.5 kms (555.3 miles) WNW
- Massawa, Eritrea - 603.6 kms (375.1 miles) NW
- Kassala, Sudan - 849.7 kms (528 miles) WNW
- Halfa El Gedida, Sudan - 917.5 kms (570.2 miles) WNW
- Asmara, Eritrea - 618 kms (384 miles) NW
- El Showak, Sudan - 857 kms (532.6 miles) WNW
- Gedaref/ Azaza, Sudan - 884.5 kms (549.6 miles) WNW
- Assab, Eritrea - 175.1 kms (108.8 miles) NNW
- Abu Na'Ama, Sudan - 988.9 kms (614.5 miles) W
- Gonder, Ethiopia - 631.2 kms (392.2 miles) W
- Damazin, Sudan - 955 kms (593.4 miles) W
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - 554.9 kms (344.8 miles) WSW
- Negele, Ethiopia - 795.6 kms (494.4 miles) SSW